When referring to the Spectral Atlas, please cite our publication:
Keller-Rudek, H., Moortgat, G. K., Sander, R., and Sörensen,
R.: The MPI-Mainz UV/VIS spectral atlas of gaseous molecules of
atmospheric interest, Earth Syst. Sci. Data, 5, 365–373, (2013),
Thanks to everyone who informed us about incorrect entries in our data
- The spectra for CHDO and CD2O by Gratien(2007) were interchanged
(error found by Ernst-Peter Röth, corrected 2015-09-08).
- The data file C2N2_LISA(1999)_293K_185.000-225.773nm.txt was wrong
(error found by Marc Schaefer, corrected 2016-06-09).
- In the file CH3C(O)CH3_IUPAC(2006)_298K_215-349nm(rec).txt, cross
sections for acetone between 340 nm and 345 nm were wrong by 5 orders
of magnitude because typos were adopted from the IUPAC publication
(error found by John Crowley, corrected 2016-06-16).
- Typos in the temperature coefficients, tabulated in the comments
belonging to CH3C(O)CH3_JPL-2010(2011)_298K_215-349nm(rec).txt and
indicated by Siyuan Wang have been corrected (2018-02-01).
- The DOI of Jones et al. (2017) was wrong (error found by Peter
Bräuer, corrected 2018-03-05).
- In the data for m-nitrotoluene, the value at 230 nm was incorrectly
labeled as "223" (error found by Peter Bräuer,
- Data for 2,6-dimethyl-1,4-benzoquinone at λ > 320 nm were
incorrect (error found by Peter Bräuer, corrected 2018-03-12).
- The NO2 cross sections at 235 K and 298 K from Bass
(1976) were incorrect (error found by John Crowley, corrected
- The cross sections of ethylbenzene from Etzkorn et al. (1999) were
incorrect (error found by Anoop Sreevalsam, corrected 2020-05-20).
- Data for H2O, NH3 and O2 from
Davidson et al. (1989) were incorrectly converted (error found by
Zachary Buras, corrected 2020-06-28).
- Data for CH3 from Davidson et al. (1995) and for
CH2=CH2, and CH2=CHCH3
from Oehlschlaeger et al. (2005) were incorrectly converted
Search cross sections